Friday, July 5, 2013

Picture Book Party


I'm linking up with First Grade and Fabulous for a Picture Book Party.  


I love using picture books to introduce and reinforce math concepts.  It's an effective way to demonstrate how math is used in a real-world context. My favorite math read alouds are all from Stuart Murphy.  Here are just a few...


Hours

Subtracting

Halves

Bar Graphs

Estimating

I also love Tally O'Malley and Missing Mittens, but I had trouble finding good photographs of them.  What are your favorite read aloud books for teaching math concepts?  Link up with DeAnne and share!




3 comments:

  1. Your one away from 100 followers! I think I need the give me half book, I have several of the math start books, but none of the ones you listed. It looks like I need to do some more shopping once I get some more money!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy,
    As always, I get great linky party ideas from you. This is a great one. I love your book picks!
    -Jen
    That First Grade Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen Elevator Magic. I need to check it out. Thanks for the suggestions.

    Thanks for linking up with me!! :)

    įƒ¦DeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete