Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Liebster Blog


I'm smiling.  Want to know why?  

Jess and Kheila from Two Friends in First and Tess from The Teacher and the Frog have both nominated me for the Liebster Award.  I'm so flattered that they chose my little blog.  *Blushing*  
Thanks so much, girls, for thinking of me.  :)

If you haven't yet met these super sweet bloggers, you should hurry over and see their amazing blogs.



Award Background
Liebster is a german word that means "dearest," "lovely," or "cute." The purpose of this award is to recognize new blogs that are worth a look. 

The 'rules' to accept this award...

  • Link back to the blogs that nominated me
  • Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
  • Answer the questions posted for us by my nominator
  • Share 11 random facts about me
  • Create 11 questions for my nominees
  • Contact my nominees and let them know of their nomination


A Little Bit About Me 
Featuring questions from Jess and Kheila...

1. Why did you start blogging?
To make connections with other teachers around the world and to share my love of teaching and reading with others.

2. Where did you go to college?
Shippensburg University - BS, Western Maryland College - MS,

Cabrini College - Reading Certificate

3. What advice would you give new teachers?
Establish positive parent relationships from the first day.


4. What superhero power would you like to have for a day?
To be in two places at once...so I can spend quality time with my family and get my school work finished.

5. Who is your favorite musical artist/band?  Train

6. What is your favorite sport and sports team?
Whatever sport my husband is coaching and my kids are playing (football, lacrosse).


7. What are the sweet and salty snacks you can't live without?
Pop BBQ Chips, Multigrain Tortilla Chips, Sun Chips

8. Do you have any children?
Yes, a daughter and two step-sons.

9. If you didn't teach, what would you want to do?

 I love animals, so I think I'd be a vet.

10. What is your favorite clothing store?
Banana Republic - almost everything I wear is from there.


11. What is a famous quote that you love?
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."


And questions from Tess...

1. What advice would you give a first year teacher?
Establish positive parent relationships from the first day.

2. What is your favorite book to read aloud to your class?
Charlotte's Web - I have different voices for each of the characters. I read it to my students year after year.  I still cry every time. :(


3. Tell me about a memorable student that you taught.
I once taught the sweetest, most polite student on the planet. She would greet me every morning, "Good Morning, Mrs. Arentz," and ask permission to do every single thing, "May I have permission to sneeze?" She actually gave the mittens off her hands to another less fortunate student.  Her kindness wore off on everyone. It soon became the dream class.  So precious!


4.Tell me about your pets.
I have one super-cute little beagle, named Bailey. Love her. :)

5. What is the one thing in your classroom you can't live without?
Books - I'm a reading teacher.  ;)


6. What movie title would you pick as your life story?
Oh geesh, ...? I am terrible at remembering movie titles!


7. What is the last thing you purchased?
A Breville toaster oven online this morning.

8. What is your favorite music?
I love almost anything, but my current favorites are Mumford and Sons, Walk the Moon, Imagine Dragons, and Fun.


9. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Homemade baked mac and cheese, without a doubt.


10. Why did you decide to start a blog?
To make connections with teachers around the world and to 
share my love of teaching and reading with others.

11. What are some of your favorite blogs you follow?
A Teeny Tiny Teacher is my all time favorite!


11 Random Facts About Me...

  • I have the sweetest husband and three great kids.
  • I have a serious sweet tooth for cupcakes, brownies, and pastries.  Mmm.  I'll be right back...
  • I don't eat my vegetables.
  • I worked at Hershey Park for one day.
  • I drink cinnamon bun coffee every morning.
  • I'm extremely ticklish.
  • I hate feet. I think they're gross.
  • I'm a reality TV junkie.
  • I can't live without my kindle or my laptop.
  • I'd be happy anywhere there is sand, surf, and sunshine.
  • My dream vacation would be to the Mediterranean.



My Nominations


My Questions for them...

1.  Tell us about your family.
2.  Where did you go on your last vacation?
3.  Coke or Pepsi?
4.  What's the last movie you watched?
5.  Favorite store to shop in?
6.  What would you pick as your last meal?
7.  Top three blogs you read?
8.  Share a quote that is meaningful to you.
9.  What super power would you like to possess?
10. Name one item you can't live without.
11.  Tell us a funny school story.

Thanks for sticking around to learn a little bit about me.  :)
Leave a comment; let's be friends!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! This is so sweet of you to think of us. We actually already have the Liebster Award...we just moved it to an "award" page on our blog. But...I'll answer two of your questions just for giggles!

    Coke, definitely! My uncle worked for them when I was growing up and would bring us coolers of Coke products. No Pepsi allowed! :-)

    Last movie I watched...Hubby and I sent the kids with friends/family for July 4th. We stayed home and watched Secretariat. I just love that movie!

    Thanks again for thinking of us!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Wendy,
    Thanks for the nomination! We have a lot in common :) Let's plan a trip to Greece where we can eat sweets while drinking coffee next to the Agean Sea! LOL!
    Glad to get to know you!
    Karli
    Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also nominating you!!! Such a cool award- and a great way to get to know other bloggers more personally by reading all those questions/ answers! I have linked your blog into my blog post about the award- I bet you'll reach 200 followers in no time now!

    Vanessa
    TheEducatedCrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Wendy! That was so thoughtful of you to nominate our little blog. I'm flattered! :)

    ReplyDelete