Tuesday, June 18, 2013

What's in the Box?


I'm so excited that my Really Good Stuff order arrived in the mail.  I love planning for the upcoming school year and ordering new school supplies.  

Special note:  I am not a paid affiliate of Really Good Stuff.  In fact, I'm pretty certain that they have no idea who I am.  ;)

So what do you think is in this box?


Give up?  Let's open it and see...
Ta-Dah!

Yep, all of this fit inside that little package.  Let's take a closer look...

I plan to change things up from time to time by using black dry erase boards.  The kids are going to love it!

Every reading teacher needs fluency timers.  Students will use these quiet sand timers to practice fluency in pairs.

White board strips will be great for my first and second graders when we write dictated sentences.  Dictation is one element of our primary intervention program.  Students count the words by sliding tiles onto their board, then write the sentence.

 
This running record notebook has tabs to organize notes for thirty students.  I thought I'd give it a try this year.

Story map white boards will be great for my primary students when we read fiction.

Vocabulary is a huge push in our district right now.  The bookmarks above are two-sided and will be great to use with intermediate students.  They would also be great for students working on expanding their vocabulary during Daily 5 / Cafe. They were only 1.99 for 100!  

This pocket chart has a large magnet that runs along the back of it so that it can be hung on the white board.  There is space for two sizes of sentence strips, index cards, and sticky notes.  It will be great to have these items at my finger tips!

So what supplies have you purchased so far?  I love discovering new treasures!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the black dry erase boards! I can just imagine how excited they would be to see these instead of the white ones! I need to start ordering some things!
    Kheila
    Two Friends In First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some fun stuff for next year! We've just recently finished cleaning and organizing our rooms, so we aren't quite ready to add any new things. I am sure once it gets closer to school we'll be on the lookout for fun classroom finds!

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Christmas in June! There is nothing like a box of goodies to get your juices flowing in inspired!
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete