Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Currently October

It's October and I'm in heaven.  I {heart} fall!  And I {heart} Farley's Currently!


Listening:  I'm a Reality TV junkie...so of course The Voice is on my television.

Loving:  I ran in the Washington D.C. Diva Dash a few of my school/workout buddies...it was an obstacle race and we had so much fun!  



Thinking:  The KSRA reading conference is right around the corner.  I'm so excited to attend it for the first time.

Wanting:  I've really been missing my family lately.  My grandfather is recovering from pacemaker surgery and I wish I could visit him daily, but I don't live close enough to make that possible.  He is turning 90 this month.  Ninety!  And he and my grandmother still live on their own. Today is their 65 wedding anniversary!  I really miss them.  :(

Needing:  I love everything about autumn, especially the crisp sunny days and fall decorating.  I need to get busy decorating before the season passes me by.

Treat:  Have you tried Lindt's Hello Chocolates?  I'm addicted to the Caramel Brownie Chocolate Stick...delicious!



Happy fall, y'all!  (Now hurry on over to Farley's blog and link up.)


11 comments:

  1. Your blog is adorable. So glad to find you. I love "the Voice," too. However, I did like last season's judges better. Have a good night!

    Kelly
    Thirsty Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, I loved last season's judges! That was my favorite season so far. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the outfit for the Diva Dash. Looks like you had a blast!! Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, the brownie things look awesome! I will be getting those. I have felt the same way about my grandparents lately. Just reading that you miss them made me tear up. Grandparents are definitely something special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I clicked on your blog! Super cute!

    I am also watching The Voice as I type!! :) Love me some Adam.

    Stephanie
    Elementary My Dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy,
    I love running and that sounds like my kinda race...how fun!
    Happy Fall!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm absolutely loving your outfit for the Diva Dash. TOO CUTE!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute blog and cute outtfit too. Enjoy your time with your grandparents when you can - I miss mine terribly.
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wendy,

    I think we all were listening to the Voice last night. Love that show!!

    I hear you when you talked about missing your grandparents. My grandparents were married 60 years before my grandpa passed in January. My poor grandma recently moved to a nursing home after breaking her hip for the second time and she has dementia. Sometimes it really stinks getting older. I often catch myself thinking back to when I was younger when I spent endless days at their house. If only I could reverse back time...even for a day.

    On a happier note....love the tutu!!

    Stacy
    The Rungs of Reading

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Wendy!!! You always find such cool races to be in! Sorry to hear about your grandfather. 65 years of marriage is awesome! I have to check out those chocolates!!!
    -Jen
    That First Grade Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, that treat sounds delicious! That's so sweet that your grandparents have been married so long. How awesome is that!

    Also, the run you did looks like it was really fun.

    Glad I found your blog!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete