Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Holiday Read-Alouds


I'm linking up with The Hands-On Teacher for a Holiday Linky Party to share some of my favorite holiday and winter read-alouds.
  

You can take a peek at a few of my favorite Thanksgiving books here.  Today, I'd like to share my all-time favorite winter books...

The Mitten and The Hat are two of my favorite Jan Brett books.  I'm in love with the beautiful illustrations!  I could list so many of her books as favorites.

 

If you haven't read Trouble with Trolls, hurry out and get yourself a copy right away!  This book is so clever; your students will just love it!



The Polar Express is a timeless classic.  On the day our kindergarten teachers read this book, they sneak a little jingle bell into the pocket of each student's jacket.  This book is simply adorable!


Imogene takes it all in stride when she wakes up one morning to find that she has sprouted antlers.  Imogene's Antlers will have your students laughing out loud.


It's Christmas by Jack Prelutsky is a great introductions to poetry for young readers.


I'm sure you have a few favorite winter read-louds and activities of your own...so go link-up!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE IMogene's Antlers!!! :)

    Thanks for linking up! :)
    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher in First!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of It's Christmas. That must be a great book since it is by Jack Prelutsky! Thanks for sharing it. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete