Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ready or Not...


Here it comes!   As much as we may wish it away, the first day of school comes whether we're ready or not.  It's my favorite day of the school year.  I love watching the students standing at the bus stop with their crisp new school clothes, shiny school supplies, and nervous smiles as they greet one another.  They walk through the school doors with excitement and anticipation.  Each year is a fresh start, a clean slate. A chance to seize the opportunity.


Today one of my sweet third grade students from last year visited me.  He couldn't wait to return the summer reading packet I gave him.  He read all five books, completed every response sheet, and returned his packet on THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!  I'm super excited!  I know this is going to be a great year.  Happy school year, friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment